There’s nothing better than feeling like you are eating dessert but in reality you are eating something packed with nutrients. Now if any of you know me, I am not the healthiest eater… in fact I eat worse than some 5 year olds but these actually turned out amazing! One of my favorite candies can be healthy? If you make it at home and supplement some of the ingredients, it certainly can be. Now you are probably asking yourself what is it already?! Peanut Butter Cups!
Chocolate filled with creamy peanut butter…. your mouth is watering already isn’t it? Below is a recipe I was sent by one of our other Beachbody coaches and boy let me tell you… you will thank me for this!
Ingredients- Makes 8 mini cups or 4 jumbo cups
Coconut Oil ( 4 Tablespoons, Divided)
Chocolate Shakeology (8 Tablespoons or 2 individual packets, Divided)
Natural Peanut Butter ( 8 Teaspoons)
- Melt 2 tablespoons of coconut oil in a pan or microwave. (Microwave 30 seconds)
- Measure out 4 tablespoons of chocolate Shakeology. (1 individual pack is about 4 tablespoons)
- Combine the Shakeology and coconut oil. Stir until mixed well. the consistency will be like cake batter.
- Divide evenly into mini muffin pan. ( I did not have a mini muffin pan so I made 4 jumbo cups in a regular muffin pan)
- Place in freezer and let sit for 5 minutes
- Spread a teaspoon of peanut butter on each of those frozen chocolate cups. Spread it out but not so that it touches the sides.
- Now you will repeat steps 1,2, & 3 with the remaining 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and 4 tablespoons (1 pack) of Shakeology.
- Pour the Shakeology and coconut oil mixture over the peanut butter, dividing it evenly among the cups.
- Freeze for abut an hour
- Enjoy a healthy dessert that is packed full of nutrients!
Now you may be asking what is Shakeology and where can I get it? From me of course! I have added the link below to purchase the chocolate Shakeology as well as a general link to my beachbody coach website if you want to browse around at what else we have. You will be seeing a lot of different recipes that I use Shakeology in as well as other nutritional supplements so make sure you are prepared to join in on the fun. For more on what Shakology is, be sure to check out my other blog post that is all about what is Beachbody & Shakeology?